Diet Plan For Men #1

Nutrition Warehouse Canada Diet Plan #1

The main reasons why diet plans for men mostly fail are because they either leave you hungry all day feeling like you haven’t had anything to eat or are very strict about the kind of food and how much you can eat and before you know it you will be chowing down on a bag of Doritos or a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich with no care in the world.

With our diet program you don’t have to worry about this happening again. Our expert trainers and nutritionists came up with a diet plan that’s sure to help you burn that fat around your stomach without you having to starve yourself to death.

To successfully do that you need about 25% protein in your diet. Getting enough protein in your diet is crucial not only does it help you build muscle, but also helps in increasing metabolism and keeps you feeling full all day long. You should also get enough halthy fat in your diet, around 30% of your total calorie intake should be from healthy fats. Fat slows your hunger giving you more time to last without a meal.  Fat makes you feel like you ate real food which will prove very crucial for this plan to succeed without you diving head fast for the doughnut box.

After taking enough healthy fats and proteins your overall all calorie intake should be somewhere around 45% – 55%. The rest of the calories for this plan will come from carbohydrates. The remaining 45% – 50% of calories should be just enough to give you the perfect combination of slow and fast digestion of food. Carbohydrates are filled with fiber which keeps the food moving in your digestive system and gives you a sense of being full, thus further adding to the time you can go without a meal.

The meal plans shown below are just outlines and can be changed to suits the needs of your taste buds. But keep in mind the overall total calorie intake should not exceed 2400 – 2800. This should be sustainable for all kinds of men especially those who have a higher body fat percentage. As a man, you don’t need to get all the calories you need at one time. Depending on your body type, remember to cut back a bit on your meal portions  or eat more healthy foods on your next meal.

Breakfast

  • 5 tbsp (40g) wholegrain flakes or porridge oats
  • 150 ml (5fl oz) skimmed milk
  • 2 tbsp chopped nuts
  • 2 tbsp raisins
  • Total: 566 kcal, 20g protein, 80g carbohydrate, 19g fat
  • Sandwich made with 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 150 g ham or tuna, 1 slice of low fat cheese, 2 slices of tomato’s.
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 glass (150ml/5fl oz) orange juice

Total: 621 kcal, 47g protein, 50g carbohydrate, 26g fat.

Lunch

  •  Sandwich made with 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 150 g ham or tuna, 1 slice of low fat cheese, 2 slices of tomato’s.
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 glass (150ml/5fl oz) orange juice

Total: 621 kcal, 47g protein, 50g carbohydrate, 26g fat.

Dinner

  • 5 150g cooked lean meat, poultry or fish
  • Small green leafy salad
  • 2 tsp French dressing
  • Medium serving broccoli around 80g
  • 4 tbsp cooked rice or pasta or potatoes
  • 1 medium-sized fruit like apples
  • Total: 662 kcal, 39g protein, 60g carbohydrate, 31g fat.
  • 2 slices of bread
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 480ml of skimmed milk
  • 1 medium apple

Total: 605 kcal, 32g protein, 70g carbohydrate, 23g fat.

Floater meal

  • 2 slices of bread
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 480ml of skimmed milk
  • 1 medium apple

Total: 605 kcal, 32g protein, 70g carbohydrate, 23g fat.